1. What is Free Protection?
Free Protection is a personal accident insurance exclusively designed for both tiket.com users and non-tiket.com users which provides compensation to the insured in case of the following events:
- Death permanent disability due to accident;
- Medical expenses due to accident;
- Trip cancellation due to standard reasons and/or positive or reactive to COVID-19;
- Medical expenses and daily hospitalization compensation due to COVID-19 infection.
Free Protection is licensed and under the supervision of the Financial Services Authority (Otoritas Jasa Keuangan) registered under the product name Personal Accident Insurance.
2. How can I buy Free Protection?
This insurance is provided free of charge by tiket.com. tiket.com users can get the product by purchasing flight tickets through the pages of m.tiket.com or the tiket.com application (IOS & Android). For non-tiket.com users can also get this free insurance by filling out their personal data forms and travel details completely and correctly after you sign up on the tiket.com application (Android & IOS).
3. Who can buy Free Protection?
Free Protection is only applicable for Indonesian Citizens (WNI) or foreign citizens (WNA) aged at least 2 (two) years old and/or at most 75 (seventy-five) years old at the time of departure. Foreign Citizens (WNA) that can be covered are the ones who have a Passport or KITAS/KITAP (Kartu Ijin Tinggal Terbatas/Tetap).
4. How many types of coverage in this Free Protection?
- Round Trip
This option provided for a round trip with the first departure and last arrival must be from and to Indonesia with a maximum interval between flights departure and the return date is 90 (ninety) days.
- One-Way Trip
This option provided for a one-way trip with the departure must be from Indonesia. Free Protection is not applied for trips from abroad to Indonesia.
5. Does the Free Protection cover abroad departure?
No. your flight must depart from Indonesia to receive benefit from this Insurance. Free Protection will not be applicable if you take 1 trip from abroad to Indonesia.
6. How much insurance premium should be paid to get the Free Protection?
There is no insurance premium fee that will be charged to you for getting this Free Protection.
7. Can I enhance the Free Protection coverage?
No. Your Free Protection benefits are fixed benefit insurance and cannot be added/enhanced.
8. What are the benefits of Free Protection?
Please look at the Free Protection Benefit table and Insurance Policy that will be sent to the Insured designated email.
9. Can the Free Protection cover a Round-trip with more than 90 (ninety) days?
No. The maximum gap between departure time and return flight is 90 (ninety) days.
10. How can I file a claim?
Claims can be submitted through the tiket.com application (Android or iOS) from the My Order menu, then select "Request Claim".
11. Is there a timeline for filing a claim?
The Insured must submit a claim and fulfill all claim documents completely and correctly within 7 (seven) calendar days after the date of the accident or as soon as possible after the accident occurred accompanied by claim documents and/or other evidence required by Great Eastern General Insurance to facilitate the process of claim verification. If there are incomplete and/or incorrect claim documents, the Insured can complete the claim documents within 14 (fourteen) calendar days from the date of initial claim submission. All costs incurred in obtaining documents or evidence are the responsibility of the Insured.
12. How much time needed to process a claim payment?
Payment will be processed within 7 (seven) working days by tiket.com to the Insured after the claim is paid by Great Eastern General Insurance.
13. How do I receive a claim payment?
After the claim is approved by Great Eastern General Insurance, the claim payment will be in done with the following mechanism:
- Payments for Personal Accident Death & Disablement claim will be given by tiket.com through bank transfer to the bank account provided by the Insured with the amount as approved by Great Eastern General Insurance.
- Payment for Medical Expenses due to Accidents or Flight Cancellation due to standard reasons, and COVID-19 protection claim, tiket.com will provide the approved amount of reimbursement by Great Eastern General Insurance in form of tiket Points to the registered insured tiket.com user account.